The Colorado Creative District program offers selected districts access to grant funding, tailored technical assistance, networking and training programs, promotional tools, and access to advocacy tools.
Colorado Creative Districts help in:
- Attracting creative entrepreneurs and artists to a community, infusing new energy and innovation, and enhancing the economic and civic capital of the community
- Creating hubs of economic activity, enhancing the area as an appealing place to live, visit and conduct business, as well as create new economic activity
- Attracting visitors
- Revitalizing and beautifying communities
- Providing a focal point for celebrating and strengthening a community’s unique identity
- Showcasing cultural and artistic organizations, events, and amenities
To learn more, see the Creative Districts Showcase.
The next deadline to apply for Creative District certification will be May 2014. Guidelines will be available January 2014.
Creative District Program Contacts:
Deana Miller, Creative Districts Manager, 303-892-3840
Maryo Ewell, Creative Districts Consultant
Boettcher Creative District Leadership Awards
The Boettcher Foundation is a partner of the Colorado Creative Industries in establishing the Colorado Creative Districts Program. Current Certified and Prospective Colorado Creative Districts are eligible to receive a Boettcher Creative District Leadership Award, which are administered by Creative Industries.
The purpose of the Boettcher Creative District Leadership Awards is to provide matching funds up to $25,000 per creative district to support Certified and Prospective Districts over the next five years in creating sustainable operations and successful ongoing programs. The goal of this program is to help Colorado Creative Districts achieve the administrative structure, funding streams, community engagement process, strategic plan and staff structure that provide both immediate sustainability and opportunities to evolve.
The following twelve Certified and Prospective Colorado Creative Districts are recipients of 2013-2014 Boettcher Creative District Awards, totaling $95,000.
- Denver’s Art District on Santa Fe
- Corazon de Trinidad
- North Fork Valley Creative District
- Pueblo Creative Corridor
- Ridgway Creative District
- Salida Creative District Salida Artists-Galleries
- Telluride Creative District
- Aurora Cultural Arts District
- Downtown Colorado Springs
- Greeley Creative District
- Longmont Arts and Entertainment District
- RiNo Art District, Denver