2014 Governor's Creative Leadership Award Instructions
Please stay tuned for the 2015 deadline
The Governor's Creative Leadership Awards recognize organizations and individuals that have demonstrated a significant commitment to Colorado’s creative landscape through civic leadership and volunteerism including advocacy, vision, collaboration, or innovation. Nominations are accepted under the following categories:
- Arts and creative placemaking: Presented to individuals or organizations that use the arts to envision new futures through activities such as activating a public space, animating a community or sparking redevelopment.
- Arts and community action: Presented to individuals and organizations that have demonstrated selfless service, inspired others to take action or catalyze change in their community using the arts.
- Arts and social change: Presented to individuals or organizations that work to solve a critical social problem such as homelessness, drug prevention, abuse, poverty or racism using creativity and/or arts.
- Nominee must be a living Colorado resident or a Colorado based organization or business registered with the Secretary of State.
- Nominations may be submitted by Colorado residents or a Colorado based organization or business registered with the Secretary of State. Self-nominations are not eligible.
- Selected nominees are required to participate in a short video, financed and produced by CCI, before the Governor’s Creative Leadership Award ceremony.
Nominations will be judged on:
- Significance and magnitude of the use of the arts and the creative sector to enhance Colorado’s social and/or economic fabric, quality of life and well-being
- Breadth of populations served by arts actions
- Extent of vision and long-term community impact
ONLINE NOMINATION SUBMISSION
Nominations must be completed online and include a completed nomination form, a two-page nomination letter and work samples. Proposals will not be accepted via fax or email.
- Sign Up or Log In though the CommunityGrants Portal.
- Follow the instructions to register for a new account. Note: Your username MUST be an email address.
- After you have registered, you can return to the log-in page and view available Funding Opportunities. Select 2014 Governor's Creative Leadership Awards
- Alert: This on-line grant system only works completely with the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. To avoid any difficulty, please download and install one of these browsers when you are ready to complete an application. If you can only use Internet Explorer (IE) you must use version 10. Click here to download the latest version of IE 10.
The nomination shall be made in a letter (not to exceed two typed pages in a Microsoft Word document) describing the unique way the nominee has demonstrated a significant commitment to Colorado’s creative landscape through civic leadership and volunteerism including advocacy, vision, collaboration, or innovation in the categories of: Arts and creative placemaking, Arts and community action or Arts and social change. Be sure to briefly address your relationship with the nominee.
You must provide work samples that demonstrate the excellence and impact of the nominee’s work. Work samples may include press clippings, photos, video or audio samples, letters of support, or printed programs. You are limited to 5 items. An “item” may be an audio file, video file, a single web link, a PDF, a Word document, an Excel. All of the items must be uploaded into the online grant system. To upload browse the file using the "Choose file" button. Once a file has been selected upload it to the application by clicking the "Upload" button.
- Under the "Nomination Form" tab you must include the name of the organization or individual being nominated and upload the 2 page nomination letter.
- Under the "Support Materials" tab, attachment #1 must be a one-page inventory list of all work samples included in the nomination. Please upload additional attachments in the order listed on the inventory sheet.
- Limit work sample upload formats to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe PDF, .mov, .wmv, mp3 or .jpg with a maximum file size for each item of 5 MB (megabytes).
- If you have an existing audio or video file online (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud), hyper-linking to the website might be more convenient than uploading into your application.
- Web links must be hyperlinked in a Word document or PDF titled “Web Links”. Each link counts as one of your 5 work sample items and should include a brief description.
- Nomination letter (maximum of 2 pages)
- Work sample inventory list
- Work samples (up to 5 items)
- Please print and keep a copy of your nomination for your records
A selection committee will meet to review materials and select finalists. The winners will be announced during the Governor's Creative Leadership Awards ceremony at the Creative Industries Summit.
For eligibility/content questions, contact Christine Costello at 303-892-3724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support contact Jeanette Albert at 303-892-3838 or Jeanette.email@example.com