Colorado Creates Grants
Colorado Creates grants are now a two-year grant funding period for successful applicants. There is still a one-year sit-out period for organizations funded two years in a row. Some applicants funded this year (Fiscal Year 2017) will complete their second year of funding and must sit out the application process for Fiscal Year 2018. They may apply again for Fiscal Year 2019. For FY18 Sit Out Organizations, click here.
Colorado Creates is Colorado Creative Industries' largest grant program. This award provides financial support to help nonprofit arts organizations and communities produce arts and cultural activities, bringing jobs to their communities and enhancing the quality of life.
Colorado Creates Grants stimulate creativity and support arts and cultural activities statewide by providing:
- Access to grants that leverage other funds and provide a seal of excellence
- Support for existing arts and cultural events, and venues and arts education activities
- Support in as many communities as possible
- Access to general operating support
Colorado Creates Grants are given annually on a competitive basis. Proposals are reviewed by panels based on three review criteria:
- Artistic excellence and merit of proposed activities
- Community involvement and benefit from proposed activities
- Implementation capacity, such as effective planning, management, and budgeting of the organization and the project
COLORADO CREATES MID-CYCLE REPORT - DEADLINE: APRIL 20, 2017, 4:00 pm
Second-year funding instructions For Fiscal Year 2018
NOTE: These grants provide the second year of funding for the two-year period beginning in CCI fiscal year 2017, with funding dependent on CCI funding and grantees meeting all conditions of the grant. Only a limited number of organizations are eligible for this second-year funding in this cycle. See “ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS” list here.
COLORADO CREATES FULL APPLICATION GUIDELINES
For CCI Fiscal Years 2018-2020
These guidelines are for applicants who are not in the second year of a Colorado Creates Grant. If an organization is funded, the funding period will be for two years, depending on availability of funds and grantee fulfilling grant requirements.
COLORADO CREATES FULL APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2017, 4:00 P.M. (NO EXTENSIONS)