Success Through Art (StART) Grant deadline is Monday, August 26.
StART grants support in-school arts learning for K-12 students, both formal training in the arts and arts infused into other disciplines or subject areas. CCI’s intent is to help establish a cadre of model schools that will define, plan and implement arts education programs that are specifically aligned with Colorado Academic Standards and with their school or district learning goals. These model programs are becoming a network that will share promising practices and support one another through CCI assistance.
StART Schools will show evidence of the key components of successful arts-based school reform models, including:
- Alignment with Colorado Academic Standards and the school or district educational goals and practices.
- A strategic plan with a specific time frame that includes detailed strategies and student outcomes.
- A commitment to collect and analyze data and share progress.
- A variety of programs and activities that value the arts as rigorous academic subjects—“learning IN the arts”—as well as arts infused within other academic disciplines to enhance and reinforce learning—“learning THROUGH the arts”.
- Strong parent and community outreach and support for quality arts opportunities for all students.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development in the arts for teachers and administrators.
- The involvement of professional artists and community arts and cultural organizations in collaboration with educators to provide and enhance arts learning opportunities for students.